Hong Kong Infographics
How do you know about Hong Kong? A shopping hub ? or a metropolis with towering skyscrapers? More than that, we are going to tell you some cool facts and numbers that surprise you! Do you know…
- Hong Kong was British’s colony from 1842 to 1997. She was returned to China on 1 July 1997. Today she is a special administration region in China. Crashed with the eastern and western culture, we create the unique Hong Kong style.
- Hong Kong is always famous with Hong Kong Island, but do you know that there are actually 263 islands to form the city? We have many special geographic landscapes. If you have time, take an adventure on outer islands like Lantau, Cheung Chau and Lamma, they will show you a different face of Hong Kong.
- Although Hong Kong is a world-famous urbanised city, we have up to 75% of the territory is country side,including country parks, nature reserves (40%), agricultural and semi-rural land(35%). This ratio gives us very high ranking in the world compared to other countries. How do over 7 million people live in that 25% of developed area? We build high and density buildings.
- Hong Kong’s population density is the 4th highest in the world: 6,765 people per square kilometre population density, following Macau(20,286), Monaco(18,960) and Singapore(7,804).
- Although we are only a small city( 1,106.66square kilometres total area), characterised by the free trade, low taxation style, we create GDP of HK$2,661 billion and become The world’s 7th largest trading economy.
- Hong Kong has been ranked as the world’s most expensive housing market for a ninth consecutive year in a global survey(US$552,000 for a 430 square feet flat in average). If you are a citizen who earns average income here, it takes you around 21 years to save enough money to buy a home in the city.
- There are different industries in Hong Kong, mainly financial and service sectors. Employees are generally entitled 17 general holidays including 12 statutory holidays.People normally works 6 days a week for service industry.
- 94% of People in Hong Kong are Chinese, other significant national groups are Philippines, Indonesia and India.
- Hong Kong governance system guarantees free education for students up to 12 years.
- Hong Kong people like dining out. We have more than 14,000 restaurants and are regarded as one of the highest number of restaurants per capita in the world. This is a good place to try various types of global delicacies.